Bowie on my birthday



“Look out you rock n’ rollers... pretty soon now, you’re gonna get older…”

I've always liked getting older.  I think I've had more fun as I've grown than when I was in my teens or in my early 20's.  Obviously, there's a simplicity that you miss from when you were a little kid, but those middle years, those awkward, "soul-searching", young adult years kind of suck.

Once you get through that though, you can do a lot more.  You know what you like and don't waste time on much else.  A lot of the early insecurities of "What am I going to do with my life?" start to fade away.  For better or worse, you're either neck deep in your career or know where you're headed by this point.  You may not have everything figured out, but at least there's direction.  If you like it, stay the course.  If you don't, reevaluate.  You've lived enough to know what you want, but still young enough to change it if you need to.


0 comments:

top