Whole lot of Mulatu.

Surprisingly, this is my first post of 2010. I've been a busy (er... lazy) ass I know.  I can tell JJ's upset with my lack of posting every time he says "Soo... I posted something new on our blog" to which I reply "Sweet." And who the hell knows where The Brain is? One and done for that guy. Haha.

Anyway, I was catching up on Hype Machine where I heard a new Damian Marley & Nas track, "As We Enter". It's a cool song, but not why I'm blogging. I was kicking myself for like 20 minutes trying to figure out the sample since I knew it from somewhere but just couldn't put my finger on it.  Finally, I realized it was from an album I have called Ethiopiques by Ethiopian Jazz artist, Mulatu Astatke.  The song is called Yegelle Tezeta which I actually heard first off the soundtrack for a Bill Murray movie called Broken Flowers.  Long story short, it's a sick beat.  Both versions below.



0 comments:

top